About Leah Schmidt, Owner of Cape Cod Shore Tours:
- I owned a B&B reservation service covering the entirety of MA upon graduating from Suffolk University in 1992
- I worked in education part time during the 1990s. Taught and tutored for the Lynn Upward Bound program and taught English composition at North Shore Community College and medical terminology at Bunker Hill Community College in Charlestown
- I started Salem Historical Tours in 1997
- I created Salem’s first permanent ghost tour Haunted Footsteps Ghost Tour which launched in 1997
- In 2002 Arcadia Publishing published my Images of America: Revere Beach pictorial history book now in its third printing
- From 2004-2009 I owned and operated The Salem Trolley providing sightseeing tours of the Witch City.
- In 2007 we expanded to do sightseeing trolley tours of Hyannis and Barnstable before focusing solely on our lucrative wedding and charter market
- I moved to Hyannis in 2007 and am actively involved in local activities and cultural pursuits
- In my 20+ years of tour guiding, tour company ownership and extensive industry experience I have personally conducted over 1000 tours from general history to historic cemetery to architecture.
- For several years I was on the board of directors for Destination Salem which is Salem’s tourism board
- Cape Cod Shore Tours introduces the concept of personalized concierge tour guiding to Cape Cod.